Top 10 tips when applying for a job
This week we are looking at tips for when you apply for a job;
Here's our top 10 tips!
1. Is your CV up to date? As an prospective employer if your cv is not up to date and any gaps are not explained this does not get off to a good start. Take care when using pre populated CV's as often the layout is very standard and it won't stand out from all the others an employer receives.
2. Have you checked your grammar & spelling on your cv? Remember we receive many CV's per vacancy and it's important that your cv is laid out well and all grammar and spelling is correct - remember your spell check!
3. Apply for the job you want and are interested in? Make sure you have read and understand all features of the job before applying to avoid wasting your time or your prospective employers. When applying for a job at Team Brean if you are willing to do a range of jobs apply for the one you are most interested in and we will consider you for all suitable vacancies.
4. Tell us why we should consider you? What makes your application different from the others? Why have you applied what can you offer the business? Write a short cover letter and attach to your application.
Attending an interview...
5. Plan your travel and do your research. Allow plenty of time to get to your interview and for any travel delays.Arriving late for an interview will not set a good first impression. Find out more about the company, check out their website and even customer reviews will give you an idea of what they may be like to work for.
6. Dress too impress. Make sure you look the part, your clothes and yourself appropriate for the position you are applying for.
7. Turn your phone off. No one wants to be disturbed during your interview
8. Don't be afraid to ask questions. The job has to be right for you as well as being right for your employer it also shows your interest in the company.
9. Try to relax. Even if its your first interview try to relax. A good interviewer will help you to feel welcome.
10. Use the experience. Even if you are not successful reflect on what went well during the interview and what not so well. Review your cv and don't give up.
For our current up to date vacancies see our vacancies page at www.breanjobs.com