COVID 19 Secure Procedures for the return on golf from Wednesday 13 May
The golf course will be open but it will come with many restrictions which we need all players to understand and adhere to. Golf as a sport has adopted a united front during this crisis and wishes to maintain that as we move out of this period. The Government are continuing to monitor the situation and we need the assistance of each and every one of you in ensuring we don’t give them any opportunity to rescind this decision.
We have full confidence that the members and visitors of Brean Golf Club will be able to listen, understand and adopt the procedures we need to put in place following a risk assessment to ensure we are COVID 19 secure.
We also realise that you have all missed playing golf, especially as the weather has greatly improved since March, but PLEASE don’t let this enthusiasm overtake the need to ensure the safety of all our golf club staff as well as your fellow golfers.
The return to the game will be phased and we ask you to respect the decisions made as we go forwards and not to put pressure on club staff to alter things before we have guidance to do so. Every golf club is very different so what one club might be doing at any one point may not be the right measures for another golf club. All along we have followed government guidance as to the allowance of golf and this will continue.
For the time being all competition golf whether formal or by means of a roll up has been suspended by the authorities. With this in mind, and to allow all members equal access to play, for the foreseeable future the tee sheets will have no group bookings for Seniors or Ladies on them.
So with the formalities out of the way here is how we will be reopening Brean Golf Club for social play on Wednesday 13th May 2020:
1. Please do not come to play golf if you or any of your household are experiencing COVID 19 symptoms in line with government advice.
2. Under no circumstances should you arrive at the club without having made a tee booking in advance.
3. Tee times must be booked either on line or by telephone to the Pro Shop. They will available 24 hours in advance. As per the guidelines currently only single or two ball golf is permitted at each tee time, unless each golfer lives in the same household. One tee time per day per member is bookable in advance.
4. Ensure you have sufficient golf balls, markers, tees etc to avoid having to exchange equipment with others.
5. We recommend you clean all your equipment before leaving home and clean it again upon returning home.
6. To maintain security for the rest of the Resort access to the Golf Club will be via our Red Road entrance only. The other entrance gates will be locked.
7. Please only park in alternate spaces in the car park starting from the Captains spots and then working down each line in sequence. This allows for social distancing.
8. Initially the course will only be open for Members only for the first couple of days. This will be reviewed as we start to operate.
9. It will also be a staggered 9 hole arrangement to start with which will allow the skeleton greenstaff team sufficient access to be maintain the whole course. Each layout has only one starting point.
10. No Golf will be permitted before the earliest stated tee time on the booking sheet.
11. We request you arrive at the golf club no earlier than 20 mins before your tee time.
12. A strict procedure as detailed below will be operated for each group to ensure no more than 3 groups of golfers are preparing to play at any one time.
INITIAL GOLFER PROCEDURE - Whilst at all times observing Social Distancing – keeping 2m apart at all times
One group on tee at their tee time
Next group wait on/be using putting green
Next group leave Country Club area to go to putting green when group 1 have teed off.
Anyone else remains in their cars until it is their turn.
13. The Pro Shop will be closed to customer access and service is from the window at the far side of the shop up the ramp. Please observe the social distancing markings whilst waiting and do not congregate around the steps/buggy area. Contactless or Pro Shop Account payment is preferred.
14. You will find an outside hand sanitising point. You must use this on arrival before proceeding to the Pro Shop window to check in for your round.
15. The Country Club Staff Toilets will be open for emergency use but shoes should be changed in your car and locker rooms are not to be used. There will be no access to the Country Club building.
16. Please read and understand the notices posted on the operation permitted on the golf course. This includes fully understanding which holes are open and in which order they should be played at the time you are playing.
17. Please enjoy your game observing social distancing throughout the round between your own playing partners and others using the course.
18. The on course toilet by the 9th tee will not be available to use.
19. Should you wish to play more holes after completing your initial round and a tee time is immediately available then at the discretion of the Pro Shop staff this can be booked. Priority will always be with players starting rather than those wishing to continue.
20. The green keeping team are required to social distance too, so please do not approach them to engage in a conversation with them.
21. Upon completion of your round we politely request that you leave the club as soon as possible using the hand sanitiser station as you pass it on your way back to your car.
22. If the event of a first aid emergency, full protective equipment will be worn by the first aider. This is because in order to assess you this will involve with first aider coming within 2m of you. Please do not be alarmed but we have to have measures for the safety of the team in place.
Apologies if this all sounds very strict but these are the guidelines set down by the golfing authorities to allow golf to return from Lockdown. Any golfer deliberately seen to be not adhering to these and endangering themselves or others may be asked to leave the course and be subject to disciplinary action by Brean Leisure Park. We are hopeful though that it won’t ever come to this!
As time passes we will constantly be reviewing these restrictions and will gradually change them as we feel comfortable to do so. Please keep your eye on the various forms of communications we use for the latest updates and changes.
Director of Golf